03. the pursuit
They say… “go hard or go home”.
Not very poetic but it’s how I feel about pursuing God. I didn’t always feel this way. In fact, most of my life I thought I was completely content just loving Him. It was a good relationship. Easy. Just enough.
However, something changed for me… And, over the last 8 years of my life, I’ve experienced this awesome revelation that there indeed is a difference in loving God and living for Him. Like, a huge difference. Things drastically changed for me when I discovered these two were not at all the same. It wasn’t this major decision of being ALL in but a stirring that caused me to pursue Him more than I had ever before. With each day I began to recognize my need for more of God in all aspects of my life. This growing desire birthed a passion for sharing the gospel with others and eventually a go hard or go home submission. It was a choice that has brought unmeasurable joy and peace to my soul.
This pursuit and ultimately this decision to be all in completely impacted my life, especially my marriage!
I want you to really know and hear me when I tell you that there is a difference when we pursue Christ with our whole heart! Because God has pursued you and me, we are able to pursue Him! Throughout scripture, God promises that if we seek Him with our whole heart we will find Him!
If you are feeling lost and just tired of wandering around the same old mountains, make the decision to say NO MORE! Today, things change. Move forward in the right direction by pursuing Christ and saying YES to more!
Now. Tell me the truth… when I first mentioned THE PURSUIT, you thought I was talking about pursuing our spouse. I know. I know… you were looking for something saucy. It’s okay… I gotcha covered, but you are gonna have to stick around for more of that… For now, you need to know it ALL begins with you and the Lord.
Let me leave you with one last thought on this whole pursuit… It doesn’t matter what our lives may look like, we are always going to be pursued by God! The seeking begins with Him.
- Matthew 6:33… first intent
Additional scripture to read…
- Deuteronomy 4:29… seek and find
- Isaiah 54:2… be expectant
- Psalm 18:6… cry out
- 1 Chronicles 16:11… look to the Lord
- 2 Chronicles 15:2… found or forsaken
- Psalm 9:10… a sure thing
- Psalm 139:1-24… the pursuit
- In Deuteronomy 4:29-31, what promise does God make to His people?
- What negative effects have worries had on your health? Your thoughts? Your productivity? Your marriage?
- What are the things that you could do for God?
- We are reminded in the 18th Psalm that even as David was a warrior he too feared the wicked and ungodly. When under attack where have you turned in the past? How could this decision impact your marriage?
- How can you perceive your marriage to be different if God was always your first line of defense?
- Read Hebrews 11:6 prior to 2 Chronicles 15:2 and consider these verses together. Does this change your approach to seeking God?
- Why are we afraid to be known thoroughly?
- Ephesians 6:10-20
I am not a real bossy kinda person but I ain’t afraid to make you write this! Seriously. Write this verse down!
Hide it in your heart and let the Lord do something cool with your efforts.
So, statistic smajistics… But, they do say that if we read something, learn it and then turn around and share that knowledge, our percentage of retaining that information is greatly increased. Sounds like a weiner to me. Anyway, it gets us into a really good habit of sharing the gospel. Which we were called to do!
Share Ephesians with your neighbor, your kids, your husband, or your postman… just share it!
(First published November 3, 2017, updated August 3, 2018.)